ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST FIRST REGISTER AND AGREE TO THE RULES.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME HERE, YOU WILL FIND THE BUTTONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ONLY AFTER CLICKING THE REGISTER BUTTON IN THE TOP RIGHT.
POSTING GUIDELINES/RULES on TAM
Welcome to our lovely forum for writing, banter, friendship and general all around Musey-ness. We know it can be a bit intimidating for n00bs at first, so here's a basic rundown of our Board Rules.
*Changes: The administrators reserve the right to add, modify, or remove any of these rules at any time. Rule changes apply to past, current and future posts*
In order to protect our members we need to know (regardless of whether you write crazy smut or not) whether you’re sane. So please pop in to the ‘Getting To Know You’ thread and say hello first. It is important to introduce yourself before you start posting. It's a good way to get to know the people here and the board and they will make you feel extremely welcome. So, say hi!
• We pride ourselves in being a tight-knit community that polices itself well, and we want to keep it that way. Any form of bullying or slander/libel will result in an immediate banning. Be courteous and constructive in your posting. Offensive or otherwise worthless posts may be edited or deleted at the discretion of the Forum Moderators. You have been warned.
• Stealing/Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. If you see something you like, ASK FIRST. If the answer is no, DO NOT take it. It's simple enough. If permission is given to use other peoples work, please credit back where it is due. This rule stands for other boards/forums too.
• Please try and stay on topic. If you have something else to discuss, start another thread. Threads started in the wrong forum will be moved (with or without notice).
• No attacking or name calling. This includes talking about groups of people, not just individuals and other member boards/forums too. If you have an issue with another board/forum, take it up with them.
• No derailing of threads because you don't agree with their content. If you don't like what you read, find a different thread. Don't take it off topic because you don't like it.
• No content of a strong sexual nature is to be posted on the open boards. PG-13 and below ONLY. Any content that is deemed to be inappropriate for the younger viewers will either be removed or deleted.
• Child or animal content of any sexual nature will NOT be tolerated. This will result in an immediate banning and you will be reported to the police you sicko! You have been warned!
• Unsubstantiated Articles: yes, we mean tabloids. These are in no way, shape or form welcome on TAM. All articles posted in the News Thread or otherwise MUST have valid sourcing, and no this does not include anonymous persons 'close to the band'.
• On the same token, when posting links on TAM, please keep in mind that any person and their sister can write something and put it on the internet. This does not make it a valid news article. Use your discretion. Any link deemed un-newsworthy by staff will be deleted. Try to stick to posting industry publications (Q, NME, Rolling Stone, etc).
• The band members personal lives pop up in conversation now and again, but these MUST be kept at a minimum and will be heavily monitored. Staff has the right to cut off these topics at any time. Posting any of Muse's personal pictures obtained by shady means is STRICTLY PROHIBITED as is WAG (wives and girlfriends) bashing. Remember Thumper from Bambi: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
• Signature size have an inherent effect on how quickly the board loads. No more than 200 x 600 pixels TOTAL otherwise it will stretch the board. Anything bigger will be auto-resized by the board, or edited by Staff.
• Please try to avoid the use of gifs in your signatures. If you do use them make sure they are small in file size (gb)
• If you are using more than one image, say 3 or 4 little ones, place them SIDE BY SIDE and not one under the other. Again, anything exceeding 200x600 pixels will be edited by Staff. The boys are pretty and we like looking at them, but nothing's more frustrating than a page taking a year to load.
It is unfortunate how many times Staff has had to step in to stop the Twilight/Younger Muse fan bashing. Get over it.
If you guys have any concerns, please feel free to PM a staff member. TAM is a very close-knit community, something we really pride ourselves on, and we've made it through without any major incident. But as we grow, we depend more and more on each and every member to be our eyes and ears.
Remember, TAM doesn't 'belong' to Staff, there is no hierarchy of membership, it belongs to all of us, so please, let's keep it a place where everyone loves to be!
We've had to ban our first member today due to unapproved access to the dungeon. I have to reiterate, IF you have the password you are NOT permitted to give it out if you are not staff, whether you know the new member is over 18 or not. We don't care if it's your bestest friend in the whole world: this MUST be strictly enforced.
New members reading this, we insist that you post on the open boards for a time BEFORE staff gives you the dungeon password. This is a very small community and though we welcome newbies, we would like to get to know you first and know that you're not just here for the porn.
I have encountered this problem again, of unapproved dungeon access.
Tomorrow I will be changing the dungeon password and I apologise to all the users that follow the rules, but this is a necessary evil. PM me for the new password and I will get back to only those of you who have introduced yourself on the main boards and have a MINIMUM of 25 posts.
If you had the password previously but have not posted on the open boards (or posted very little) I will not send you the new password until you have met the above post requirement.
I am sorry to have to bring this up again, but can I please remind everyone about the size of your signatures. No more than 200 x 600 pixels. Please try to avoid the use of gifs in your signatures. Gifs slow down the site and basically piss of other members when all they want to do it read. We do have an automatic resizer, but this is pretty useless when you start squashing as many images in there as you can.
If you feel the need to use more than one, then PLEASE place them SIDE BY SIDE and not underneath each other. If the images start to drop to the next line, please do not use them. It is advised to have one line only.
The automatic image resizer will take care of the rest.
As it stands, these images are dominating the page. Please fix these up asap or admin will be forced to move into member profiles and remove unecassary additions.
Staff reserves the right to edit any member post relating to tabloid articles involving the bands' personal lives. Only articles containing valid sourcing and professional content may be posted on or linked to TAM.
Just a friendly reminder to you all. During our TAM clean up process, admin and co have come across a few short stories in the Other Fiction board, and vice versa. Here are our 4 main fiction sections and how they should work:
Muse Fiction: Anything which involves Muse, long or short (PG-13 ONLY) Muse Slash: Belldom, jah? (PG-13 ONLY)
Other Fiction: Any other fan fictions or original fictions, MORE than 2000 words (PG-13 ONLY) Short Stories: Any other fan fictions and original fiction LESS than 2000 words (PG-13 ONLY)
Please note that Short Stories has now been upped from 1000 to 2000 words.
Please remember, if your story starts PG-13 and eventually drifts into R or even NC-17, it is not to be posted here. It is to be rated THE SAME ALL THE WAY THROUGH, either R or NC-17, and will have to be posted over on V2. Anything more than PG-13 will be removed.